Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Workhouses on radio 4

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jay

Jay Report 8 Jan 2005 20:50

Hi, I`ve just been listening to a great programme on radio 4 about life in the workhouses. Must check up to see if it`s going to be repeated, as I missed half of it. What an eye-opener! Jay.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 Jan 2005 22:29

I have the bbc4 web site up. Anyone know the name of the prog? Gerri

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Jan 2005 22:51

Missed the programme,but info on workhouses can be found here: http://www.workhouses.org.uk/ It gives a timeline of poor relief, maps, a virtual tour of a workhouse and much more. nell

Judith

Judith Report 8 Jan 2005 22:57

It was called "Enter The Workhouse" and was in "The Archive Hour" series

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 Jan 2005 23:17

While looking for that, I have been listening to one about all the children that were shunted off to all parts of the world. Very sad :(( Thanks Judith and Nell xx