Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP WITH 1881 CENSUS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 8 Jan 2005 18:27

CAN YOU PLEASE FIND EDWIN WEARE HE WAS BORN IN1858 IN SEDGLEY STAFFS I HAVE GOT 1871 CENSUS WHICH HE IS ON WITH THE WEARE FAMILY BUT NOT ON THE 1881 CENSUS NOT SURE IF HE IS STILL LIVING IN STAFFORDSHIRE OR HAS MOVED ONTO MONMOUTHSHIRE OR PASSED AWAY

Louise

Louise Report 8 Jan 2005 18:34

Hi Lynne, Is this your man? he's living with his wife, Alice. Name: Edwin Weare Age in 1881: 23 Age months: 0 Estimated birth year: abt 1858 Relationship to head-of-household: Head Household: View other family members Gender: Male Where born: Bilston, Staffordshire, England Address: Duke Street Civil parish: Wednesfield County/Island: Staffordshire Condition as to marriage: Married Occupation: Tin Washerman (In Iron Factory) Source information: RG11/2813 Registration district: Wolverhampton Sub-registration district: Bilston ED, institution, or vessel: Unknown Folio: 74A Page: 28

Lynne

Lynne Report 8 Jan 2005 21:24

thank you louise it sounds like who i am looking for i dont know who he married but it must have been alice i wounder what her maiden name was does it say. my dad is so pleased what i have found out already about his fathers side of the family he is 75 and not in very good health

Debbie

Debbie Report 8 Jan 2005 22:20

hi if the info above is right edwin weare married alice fletcher 1880 dec quarter wolverhampton, shropshire, staffordshire, west midlands debs