Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A SURNAME TART

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 7 Jan 2005 22:26

I AM LOOKING FOR HANNAH THOMPSON TART WHO MARRIED MY GGGRANDFATHER GEORGE WEARE IN 1851 AT SEDGLEY STAFFORDSHIRE

Peter

Peter Report 7 Jan 2005 22:45

It looks to me as if you have 1 of 3 problems here the name could be a Hyphen. Thompson-Tart A miss spelling Or a comment on her moral standerds. where did you find the name?

Smiley

Smiley Report 7 Jan 2005 22:53

What exactly do you mean, you are "looking" for her? There are 338 surname matches on this site, no Hannah's though Regards Sam

Lynne

Lynne Report 7 Jan 2005 23:08

my fathers father wrote a book on the family and can go back as far as hannah marrying george but i dont know anything about her back ground e.g her parents name brothers or sisters

JG70

JG70 Report 7 Jan 2005 23:20

Nothing to do with your request but feel the need to share with you!! I work in a government department and a form was returned saying divorced was TART. I thought how rude of the person to put that - on closer inspection she had filled it in herself and merely wished to state her previous known names. Believe me there are far worse names from Tart - honestly if you search for obscene words as surnames on the census index you'd be amazed what turns up!! jacquie

Smiley

Smiley Report 7 Jan 2005 23:32

You could order their marriage certificate, that will give you their fathers names, and an address too. Tart, Hannah Thompson 1851 March Dudley Staffordshire Worcestershire 18 357 Weare, George 1851 March Dudley Staffordshire Worcestershire 18 357