Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Which one is it??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 7 Jan 2005 17:15

I'm trying to tie up one of my rellies...(well....not literally!!)....I have her year of Christening 1819.....her father's name (Joseph Collett)....her wedding cert to James Batty and all her children's birth certs....and she died between 1891 and 1901....I have also found her on the Census's from 1851 to 1891.....On 1837(.)com there are 2 Ann Batty's from Wakefield who died in this period....if I send off for both these certs how will I know which one is her?? Sue xx

Christine2

Christine2 Report 7 Jan 2005 17:16

Hi Sue Would you perhaps recognise the name of the informant or the date of birth? Chrissie

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Jan 2005 17:18

the cert may give a maiden name, or wife/widow of or she may still be living at the same address as the last census you had her on

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 7 Jan 2005 17:20

Hi Chrissie, What info does a death cert around this 10year span give?? Sue xx

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 7 Jan 2005 17:22

Good thinking Zoe I have her address on the 1891 census when she was living with her daughter. On the 1901 census her daughter was still at the same address Sue xx