Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Catherine Hocking / Thomas Williams

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Juliana

Juliana Report 7 Jan 2005 00:57

Due to the amazing help for some fantastic people I have been able to find my GGGG grandparents (the parents of Catherine Stevens Hocking) She was born c1833, her parents were John and Jane - around the St.Buryan area of Cornwall. Could anyone help to find info on these two people??? Also the parentage of Thomas Williams, he was born c1826 in Marazion, Cornwall - I have no info on parentage / siblings! Any help is as always greatly appreciated!!! Juliana xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Jan 2005 02:09

Juliana I assume by finding them, you mean you've located their marriage. If that's the case, you need to get a copy of their marriage certificate which will give you Thomas's father's name. Once you have that, you can look on IGI to see whether there are any baptisms listed for him with the correct father's name. If nothing appears on IGI, you'll need to look at the parish registers for the area in which they were born. You wont get a birth certificate for either of them because they were born prior to the start of civil registration in 1837. Depending on when they got married you should be able to find them on the censuses which you can search on ancestry. The 1881 is free to search at www.familysearch.org Lou

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 7 Jan 2005 08:24

From the IGI - possible -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- JOHN HOCKING Male -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: 02 NOV 1817 Saint Buryan, Cornwall, England Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: WILLIAM HOCKING Family Mother: SARAH Had a look on FamilyHistoryOnline(.)net and there are some entries for 1825-1835 marriages in Cornwall for John Hocking. It's a pay per view site but it might be worth a look. Chloe

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 7 Jan 2005 08:25

Brother of Catherine? There are others closer to 1833 in St Buryan BUT parents are John and Jenny. HENRY HOCKING Male -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: 30 MAY 1847 Saint Buryan, Cornwall, England Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: JOHN HOCKING Family Mother: JANE

Juliana

Juliana Report 7 Jan 2005 09:08

I found John and Jane on the 1841 census with their children including Catherine, was just wondering if there was anything beforehand?? Juliana x

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 7 Jan 2005 10:59

Only way to find out is the parish records cos the IGI isn't showing anything.

Juliana

Juliana Report 7 Jan 2005 11:03

how do i get the parish records?? x

Heather

Heather Report 7 Jan 2005 11:06

You can go down to the local records office or you can go to an LDS family search centre - look at their site on familysearch(.)com for your nearest one and information how to order the records up.