Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837 online download problem

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 6 Jan 2005 23:58

I have registered with 1837 and it says I need a download plug-in but when i go through all the necessary parts all I get is referred back to the download page. I am on win xp pro, normal firewalls and anti virus stuff any help appreciated john

Lucky

Lucky Report 7 Jan 2005 00:03

Are you downloading via another browser than internet explorer?? I had this problem when I did mine on AOL, I was told to right click the icon, go onto properties and open with Internet Explorer and it was fine. Diane

John

John Report 7 Jan 2005 00:07

Diane, Nope, just using Internet Explorer. I download loads of stuff but this just seems to get stuck in a loop john

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 7 Jan 2005 00:35

Not sure if this will fix it, but maybe your browser is blocking pop-ups? In which case, hold down the "control" key when you click on a link.