Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 5 Jan 2005 18:00

ive just downloaded my grampys medal records from national archives.but i can seem to find it on my puter,lol. when i downloaded it all i got was a white blank square.ive opened acrobat reader but its not there either.any ideas,as ive got a feeling ive just wasted £3.50 lol.susie

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 5 Jan 2005 18:10

Susie have you looked in your folders, or on your desktop. did ask you to give it a name,mine does and I always put things like that in my folders to keep them safe. Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 18:12

Susie I can't help as I had no trouble opening mine. Have you got the right file you are trying to open - it might be on your pictures folder. If its still blank, I suggest you contact TNA as there may have been a problem with the download. nell

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 5 Jan 2005 18:13

hi sue it didnt ask me anything i clicked on the link from the email it sent me and then pressed download. all i get is a white box,lol. with a little red cross in the top left hand corner. according to the help support on the site it should open up with acrobat but theres nothing! i hope i havent lost it:( susie

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 5 Jan 2005 18:21

Susie Have you tried clicking on the red cross,if that doesn't work. Try looking in all your folders including pictures folder. If you still can't find it then as Helen(nell) says e-mail them ask them if their download is working properly. You shouldn't have lost your money,they will be able to let you know what to do. Hope this helps. Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 18:35

oh susie that means that there is something now installed

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 5 Jan 2005 19:57

sue and nell thanks for the advice.i might have to mail them now,lol problems all the time,i never seem to be able to do anything right lol. susie

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 20:07

Hi Susie Sandra Crompton had a similar problem when she downloaded her dad's medal card. I think it might be something to do with needing certain software to download it, but how she managed it was forwarded the confirmation email to me, I opened it and then forwarded it back to her. Probably unconventional and possibly even illegal (lol) but it worked. Let me know if you're still having problems, Love Mandy :)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 5 Jan 2005 20:38

mandy thankyou so much i will give it another try and if not i mite be asking a big favour off you lol susie

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 5 Jan 2005 21:00

Susie Sorry I didnt get back to you but had to go back to work . have a look in your HARD DRIVE.POSSIBLE IT IS IN THERE. Sue

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 5 Jan 2005 21:05

thanks ever so much everybody but ive done it...phewwww im a bit disappointed though,i thought there would be more info on it. dont know what i was expecting really. but sooo happy ive got it susie

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 5 Jan 2005 21:13

Susie How did you do it,please cos I have to apply for 2 great-uncles. So glad you have got it sorted. Sue

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 5 Jan 2005 21:26

sue i cheated someone done it for me lol i mailed them the link from the email that national archives sent me lol i was talking to another member earlier and she was saying that the same thing happened to her.but she tried a few days later and it worked lol i cant make it out though,strange eh? i hope it works for you sue susie