Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

rootsweb message board

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 5 Jan 2005 15:37

I have posted 2 messages to the above and cannot find either of them now - I have used the advanced search with my name etc, even listed all messages posted in the past 3 days - what am I doing wrong??? They did go on as I saw them immediately after I posted them. Anne

Heather

Heather Report 5 Jan 2005 17:05

I have to say I find the rootsweb site just about the most complicated ever. It just seems to be so huge with so many different boards and areas and more boards for the area. But if you sort it, it is brilliant for help.

Judy

Judy Report 5 Jan 2005 18:24

Anne: Try doing a GOOGLE search using the e-mail address you used at Roots when you signed up. When I do this my Roots postings come up in the search results. Judy :)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 5 Jan 2005 20:12

Greeting's Anne...... One reason you can't find your threads :- You might have put them in the wrong section...... Therefore they might have been moved by the Board Moderator to the right section... MIKE.

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 5 Jan 2005 20:56

I have been able to retrieve every message on Rootsweb/Ancestry message board authored by Anne Murray. Which one are you looking for? Rose

Anne

Anne Report 5 Jan 2005 22:44

Thanks for all your suggestions - I am searching "all boards" but still no luck, no luck on google and they would be in under Anne Hamilton as that is still my e-mail address. The subject is on Whangerei NZ and links to the McKinnons on the Isle of Arran. Oh well, thanks anyway, Anne