Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can i get cerificate?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jody

Jody Report 4 Jan 2005 14:15

i believe my great grandfather was born abroard and that he married in England. his name was changed when he came to the U.K but i do not know what the original name was. he died in Redhill, Surrey around 1970. i cannot find record of his marriage on 1837. is it worth getting his death certificate? if so what info will i get?

Anne

Anne Report 4 Jan 2005 14:34

A lot depends on who registered it but you would get his age at death (or date of birth for later ones), the address where he died, his occupation, cause of death, name of person registering (not necessarily a relative). If you were REALLY lucky it might make reference to his former name but I would doubt it. Anne

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 14:35

Death certificates usually have the following info: Register Number Date and Place of Death Sex Age Occupation Cause Of Death Name and Surname of the Deceased Informant's Details Date of Registration Registrar's Signature nell