Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

UK place

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 3 Jan 2005 00:43

My Family originate from Walsal Warwickshire.... I have a possible but it says... St Michael Warwickshire.......I looked on streetmap(.)co(.)uk but nothing there!....any ideas please? Gerri

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jan 2005 00:48

Gerri What exactly is the reference you are quoting? St Michael sounds more like a parish than a place - can't find it listed in Genuki. nell

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Jan 2005 00:53

Is it Walsall. Its now West Midlands

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 3 Jan 2005 00:55

on the 1871 census it says.... head/wife/kids...St.Michaels Warwickshire....thats it!

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Jan 2005 01:03

what names are we searching for? or the census ref so that I can have a look

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 3 Jan 2005 01:15

Margeret...this is what someone sent me.... There is only one Henry Ford of the right age born Warwickshire in 1871. Alfred Ford 15 Warwickshire, England Son St Michael Warwickshire Elizabeth Ford 41 Warwickshire, England Wife St Michael Warwickshire Henry Ford 44 Warwickshire, England Head St Michael Warwickshire Henry Ford 17 Warwickshire, England Son St Michael Warwickshire Walter J Ford 12 Warwickshire, England Son St Michael Warwickshire Jane White 25 London, England Lodger St Michael Warwickshire It's the 'St.Michael' thats stumping me!

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jan 2005 01:17

Gerri Was it me that sent you that? Think I still have the image so will have a look and see what it says! Lou

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Jan 2005 01:21

Gerri At the top of the page its civil parish St Micheal district Coventry Ecclesiastical parish All Saints At least you know its near to Coventry

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Jan 2005 01:27

Gerri Just googled and came up with this Coventry St Michael AP/CP was an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire, in England. It was abolished in 1894. It was part of Coventry RegD/PLU/Inc; Coventry USD; Coventry RSD; Coventry CB/MB; and Coventry Borough. Margaret

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 3 Jan 2005 01:52

Yes Lou it was you. Thanks ever so much for your help... and thankyou to everyone else that has helped with this mystery.....Mystery solved now. Your a great bunch x Gerri xx