Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

address lookup tips for 1877 to 1919 please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanie

Joanie Report 2 Jan 2005 14:13

My grandfather was born in St Helens in1895/6 and got married in 1919 the address on cert is 5 Appleton street st Helens..how do i find who lived at that address around those times plese been 2 days am stuck...Joanie

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jan 2005 14:20

You can do an address search on the 1901 census. Otherwise there are the electoral registers, which will be in the county records office, but will only list people eligible to vote (mainly men over21 and in 1918/9 I think married women and women over 28 qualified too). There may be street directories, which would also be in the county records office. nell

Joanie

Joanie Report 2 Jan 2005 14:39

thanks Hellen spent two days looking the address and people no luck..maybe local office as u sugest maybe best thanks Joanie