Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I NEED SOMEONES EXPERT HELP!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 2 Jan 2005 13:29

HI EVERYONE,NOT BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE,BUT SOME NEW RELATIVES HAVE APPEARED,AND OPENED A WHOLE NEW CAN OF WORMS. I NEED HELP IN TRYING TO TRACE A MARRIAGE OF MARY ELIZABETH HARRISON TO JACK RENSHAW,UNSURE OF THE YEAR,BUT COULD BE REGISTERED THE THE DERBYSHIRE AREA.ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL....DIANE

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 2 Jan 2005 13:31

A rough time period would help, Di...

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 2 Jan 2005 13:32

Hi, If the marriage took place after June 1837 you will find it on the GRO index of births, marriages and deaths. When you find the reference number you can use it to buy the certificate. You can search the GRO online on 1837online which is a pay to view site or on freeBMD, which is incomplete. Or you can search the fiche in a library or record office. Gwynne

Diane

Diane Report 2 Jan 2005 13:35

THEY WERE BORN CC 1875 AND HAD THERE FIRST CHILD 1895 IF THATS ANY HELP

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 2 Jan 2005 15:36

FreeBMD has almost complete transcriptions of marriages for the period of 1880 onwards. It also has all the images except 1882. Nothing was returned when I searched so perhaps there's a mistranscription or Jack might really be a John. You've really got a very short time period to sort through as it's unlikely they married under 16 and they had their first baby at 20. Try starting with 1896 - just in case - and work back. 1837online is not working at the moment so you could probably play with FreeBMD a bit.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jan 2005 15:48

While looking for a marriage for Mary Elizabeth Harrison I found this: About this database A collection of indexes to Birth, Marriage, and Death records for England and Wales, between 1837 and 1983. More information below « Global Search Results Name Year Quarter District County Volume Page Borrington, Albert Victor 1895 June Derby Derbyshire 7b 535 Caddick, Ellen 1895 June Derby Derbyshire 7b 535 Culwick, Herbert Wallis 1895 June Derby Derbyshire 7b 535 Greaves, Doris Irene 1895 June Derby Derbyshire 7b 535 *Harrison, Mary Elizabeth 1895 June Derby Derbyshire 7b 535 Keenan, Gladys Mary 1895 June Derby Derbyshire 7b 535 Lemon, Ellen 1895 June Derby Derbyshire 7b 535 Millington, Ellen 1895 June Derby Derbyshire 7b 535 Redfern, Tom Frederick 1895 June Derby Derbyshire 7b 535 *Renshaw, Violetta 1895 June Derby Derbyshire 7b 535 I was wondering as this is all on the same page, there are only 3 grooms and 7 brides, if some of the boys have been mistranscribed as girls - there should be 5 couples, one of them is perhaps your bride and maybe Violetta Renshaw is a chap? nell

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 2 Jan 2005 15:51

aha! ... no wonder he called himself Jack :o)

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 2 Jan 2005 15:54

Well, in that case this is his/her birth: Name: Renshaw, Violetta Record Type: Births Quarter: March Year: 1876 District: Chesterfield County: Derbyshire Volume: 7b Page: 652

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 3 Jan 2005 00:58

Ooops, Helen! The Ancestry records that you found are for BIRTHS, not marriages! Was trying to puzzle out why I didn't get the same match on FreeBMD!

Julie

Julie Report 3 Jan 2005 10:00

Free BMD has images? How do you get to these?

Peter

Peter Report 3 Jan 2005 10:16

Click on 'View Images' on the home page.