Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where do i go now?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cosmosmallpiece

Cosmosmallpiece Report 31 Dec 2004 19:14

Hi everyone Happy New Year. Please could someone give me some advise please, I have been looking for a Frederick King born around 1868-1870 . he said in 1891 and 1901 census that he was born in Bristol i have searched 1837 with no luck, have 2 marriage certificate's for him he was married 2 times. His father was also called Frederick and was a french polisher. On both his marriage certificate's 1890 and 1903 he said his father was dead.I have found a Frederick King living with a father called Frederick who was a french polisher in the 1871 Bath Census. I have also found him on the 1881 census with a widowed mother in a Bristol workhouse. But i cant make my mind up if it could be the right one. I have spent so much money on this guy i dont want to spend much more. what do you think shall i go down this road or not. Thank you for you time Lita

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Dec 2004 19:44

Lita The Bristol workhouse 1881 fits in with what your Frederick junior says about being born in Bristol. It's possible that he could have been living with his father in Bath in 1871 - Bath & Bristol aren't that far apart - but have you tried finding his mother in 1871? Also, you could try looking for a marriage between the mother whose first name you will have from the 1881 census, and a Frederick King. If you can find a reference, you might try looking for Fred jnr's baptism in the same church as the marriage. nell

Cosmosmallpiece

Cosmosmallpiece Report 31 Dec 2004 19:56

Hi Nell thank you for your advise Frederick's mother was there on the 1871 she was called Emma , i have found a marriage for a Emma and a Frederick in 1869 but in Bath, maybe i will have to spend a bit more money and send away for it . Thank's again and a happy new year Lita.