Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

g grandparents please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Dec 2004 19:11

i need someone to help me find the names of my grandparents parents. their names were ellen (nellie) tyas from oxspring yorkshire and john arthur beaumont from huddersfield. as far as i know yhey lived in huddersfield. they were born around 1890 ish. can anyone help? rgrds. linda

Heather

Heather Report 31 Dec 2004 19:16

Is this Ellen's lot? 1891 census Tyas, Ben 14 Yorkshire Son Ospringe Yorkshire Tyas, Edith 10 Yorkshire Daughter Ospringe Yorkshire Tyas, Ellen 4 Yorkshire Daughter Ospringe Yorkshire Tyas, Harriet 36 Yorkshire Wife Ospringe Yorkshire Tyas, Herbert 6 Yorkshire Son Ospringe Yorkshire Tyas, Joseph 8 Yorkshire Son Ospringe Yorkshire Tyas, Matilda 2 Yorkshire Daughter Ospringe Yorkshire Tyas, William H 38 Yorkshire Head Ospringe Yorkshire There are an awful lot of Beaumonts in Huddersfield. Do you know names of siblings or anything which would narrow it down? It may be your best bet to find their parents names would be to get their marriage cert. Do you know when they married?

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Dec 2004 19:31

This looks like John Arthur's birth: Name: Beaumont, John Arthur Record Type: Births Quarter: September Year: 1893 District: Huddersfield County: West Riding of Yorkshire West Yorkshire Volume: 9a Page: 344 nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Dec 2004 19:36

This is presumably John in 1901 census - I don't have any credits to check the household. NameAgeWhereBornAdministratCountyCivilParish Occupation John Beaumont 7 Yorks Huddersfield Yorkshire Huddersfield

Heather

Heather Report 31 Dec 2004 20:42

Yes, trouble is, 1901 Yorkshire not available on ancestry. If that is the right John Arthur, would have been that Ellen's toy boy!?