Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

If any miracle workers have time to spare please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 30 Dec 2004 21:53

Cant find the following family in the 1891 - Ive tried just using the kids first names and birth ages but ........... If anyone wants a little brain teaser for tonight: If you do find them PLEASE teach me how to do it so well. Thanks See below:

Heather

Heather Report 30 Dec 2004 21:55

1881 census: Elizabeth Townsend abt 1874 Bermondsey Daughter Bermondsey Grace Townsend abt 1880 Bermondsey Daughter Bermondsey Hannah Townsend abt 1872 St Olaves Daughter Bermondsey Jane Townsend abt 1851 Lambeth Walk Wife Bermondsey Margaret Townsend abt 1878 Bermondsey Daughter Bermondsey Thomas Townsend abt 1848 Bermondsey Head Bermondsey

George

George Report 30 Dec 2004 22:04

Just did the basic search on Ancestry, searching under Townsend, born Bermondsey, theres a 17yr old Eliza, a 45yr old Jane and 46yr old Thos Townsend, could they be your family? Don't have membership so can't check for you

Ann

Ann Report 30 Dec 2004 22:19

Have had a look on ancestry and couldn't see them living together either :( Sorry Ann

Carole

Carole Report 30 Dec 2004 22:23

If they are the right ones, Thomas has a different wife - Cath? and daughters Eliza & Rose. I'll check the image for Jane too, to see if she fits anywhere, as she is in a different household. Carole

Geoff

Geoff Report 30 Dec 2004 22:23

The Eliza household is Thomas 44 Labourer, Bermondsey Cath 41 Eliza 17 Rose 5 Plus a brother in law, a niece, a nephew and 3 boarders

Carole

Carole Report 30 Dec 2004 22:24

Nope, Jane's husband is George. I suppose your Jane could have died so Thomas has a new wife...

George

George Report 30 Dec 2004 22:25

is it possible that Grace, Hannah, Margaret and the wife had died or left home and he was remarried?

Heather

Heather Report 31 Dec 2004 10:18

Many thanks everyone - in a way I am grateful no one turned them up easily! I do doubt my own abilities! Geoff, I shall have to check that one out, thanks. I dont know much about these people. This lot is for a distant rellie who contacted me through GR (I must have hundreds of distant cousins now). I have looked at the image on the 1881 and it shows the mother as "lunatic" which may be very relevant. Mmm mystery. But most grateful for everyones help as usual. Many thanks. Happy New Year!

Crista

Crista Report 31 Dec 2004 11:53

Heather, Think Jane and Catherine are one and the same: 1871: Catherine J Townsend 24 Lambeth, England Wife St Olave London Sarah L Townsend 3 St Johns; Southwark Daughter St Olave London Thomas L Townsend 27 Bermondsey, England Head St Olave London 1881: Thomas TOWNSEND Head M Male 33 Bermondsey Shipping Clerk Jane TOWNSEND Wife M Female 30 Lambeth Walk General Dealer Jane LLOYD Mother W Female 60 Montgomery, Wales Hannah TOWNSEND Daur Female 9 St Olaves Scholar Elizabeth TOWNSEND Daur Female 7 Bermondsey Scholar Margaret TOWNSEND Daur Female 3 Bermondsey Scholar Grace TOWNSEND Daur Female 8 m Bermondsey Thomas DYE Nephew Male 14 Bermondsey Chair Maker (Cabinet) (C & G) George DYE Nephew Male 12 Bermondsey Scholar Priscilla DYE Neice Female 6 Bermondsey Scholar Source Information: Dwelling 33 Richardson St Census Place Bermondsey, Surrey, England 1891: Townsend, Rose 5 Bermondsey Daughter Horsleydown London Townsend, Cath 41 Bermondsey Wife Horsleydown London Townsend, Eliza 17 Bermondsey Daughter Horsleydown London Townsend, Henry 40 Lambeth Brother-in-law Horsleydown London Townsend, Priscilla 16 Bermondsey Niece Horsleydown London Townsend, Robert 20 Bermondsey Nephew Horsleydown London Townsend, Thos 46 Bermondsey Head Horsleydown London Priscilla must be Priscilla Dye and Henry must be Henry Lloyd who was living with Jane Lloyd in 1871, a few doors down from the Townsends Henry B Lloyd 22 Surrey, England Son St Olave London Jane Lloyd 52 North Wales Wife St Olave London Robert Lloyd 47 North Wales Head St Olave London William W Lloyd 16 Middlesex, England Son St Olave London Crista

Heather

Heather Report 31 Dec 2004 12:19

Honestly, some of you make me feel so humble (and thick). Many thanks Crista. I see these entries but they just dont seem to connect for me like they do for genius like you.