Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any suggestions???????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lozie

Lozie Report 29 Dec 2004 17:47

Any suggestions on how to find dates of birth when I have already tried ancestry 1837onlie and familysearch. I know that c1834 Thomas William Kitchner (snr) married Eliza Edwards in 1851 and that his son c1861 Thomas william Kitchner (jnr) married 1st wife Harriet Taylor in1886. Can't however find his second marriage to Eliza Jane Mead(approx 1889-91) I also cannot find dates of birth for any of jnr's siblings. I have found most of them on census' 71,81,91and 01 so I know they were alive. They all lived in and around Lambeth, Bermondsey, Shoreditch, Surrey/Middelsex. I have tried a few variations of Kitchner found them on the 1871 as Ketchem's would you believe!!!! Could I just be looking for info that has not yet been transcribed? HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL Lozie :-)

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 29 Dec 2004 18:06

Is it possible that they did not 'officially' marry. Then the children may be listed in their mothers name? That would be my next line of enquiry! Pat