Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Home children in early 1900's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 29 Dec 2004 17:33

Please help I am going round in circles trying to get an idea of where to get information about children being sent abroad from a workhouse in Lewes. I have tried every page imagineable but still come up with zero. Help please Diane

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Dec 2004 18:02

Diane Have you tried the National Archives Canada site? They have a section on there for Home Children Lou

George

George Report 29 Dec 2004 18:53

Have nudged a thread on the subject for you :~)

Louise

Louise Report 29 Dec 2004 22:19

have you tried www(.)hiddenlives(.)org(.)uk remove brackets regards louise

Neil

Neil Report 29 Dec 2004 23:15

Hi Diane Try www.barnardoes.org.uk There is information about children who were sent abroad, hope this is some help to you, but it can take them a while to get you any information, Good luck with your search Regards Neil

Diane

Diane Report 31 Dec 2004 21:17

Thanks everyone for your advice. I will try the various sites you mention, maybe something will turn up. Wish me luck. Happy new year to you all Regards Diane

Paul

Paul Report 1 Jan 2005 15:07

Hi Diane- if they went to Canada, then you could also try this link: http://www.ist.uwaterloo.ca/~marj/