Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ordering cetificates online

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda G

Linda G Report 28 Dec 2004 18:03

Trying to order to first certificate online. On the form it says 'type personal reference'. Can anyone tell me what that is please Thanks

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Dec 2004 18:05

You don't have to do it but in case you need to trace it later you can give it a reference. I use my initials plus 1,2,3 etc depending on how many i order. Ann glos

Linda G

Linda G Report 28 Dec 2004 18:06

Thanks a lot Ann.

Wendy

Wendy Report 28 Dec 2004 18:10

Linda, What date have they given you for despatch?? I am thinking of ordering a certiicate myself and just wondered! Many thanks, Wendy x

Linda G

Linda G Report 28 Dec 2004 18:34

Hi Wendy, have just ordered and the date they have given is 12.Jan 2005 Linda

Is it a bird? is it a plane?

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 28 Dec 2004 18:47

I ordered 3 certs at the beginning of December and was given a dispatch date of 16th December. One arrived on 24th December with a note saying they were being done separately.... no idea where the other 2 have got to! If you can order certs via the local records office of the place the birth/marriage/death took place you might get a speedier response!

Wendy

Wendy Report 28 Dec 2004 18:55

Thanks Linda, I think I will get on and order - 12 Jan doesn't seem to bad, think I can wait till then!! Wendy x

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 28 Dec 2004 19:33

I couldn't order online earlier; it kept telling me I was doing something wrong with my basket when I tried to get to the checkout! Fortunately I didn't get a chance to enter my card details. Instead I printed off an application form and wrote a cheque. It will be in the post tomorrow, which probably means an estimated despatch date of 17th January.

Irene

Irene Report 28 Dec 2004 20:04

Ordered two today, delivery 12th Jan. When I order 1 1st Dec delivery was 14 Dec recceived 24th Dec. Will just have to wait and see. Irene