Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Doreen

Doreen Report 28 Dec 2004 16:19

Please can someone help me? how on earth do i find out my birth mothers surname by her second marriage as my dad and my mum divorced in about 1943 /44 when i was only 18mnths old my dad passed away 20yrs ago and i wish i had asked more questions when he was here.I have no living relatives now to ask and dad did,nt leave any papers that help, my mum would have died now also, all i do know is my mums maiden name and that she married someone named Dave and that i have got 4 or 5 half sisters and brothers out there somewhere who i would like to meet, they are in their middle 50s and early 60s now i cant seem to get past the brick wall i keep hitting with this Thank you for reading this From Doreenx

Sandra

Sandra Report 28 Dec 2004 16:28

HI if you know your mums maiden name then you can find her birth certificate, her 2nd marriage would have been in her married name,with fromerly maiden name, any children when their births are registered would have mothers maiden name next to the new married surname, you can search on 1837 online or go to the family records centre in london. hope this helps sandra

Tony

Tony Report 28 Dec 2004 16:32

Have you tried putting mums maiden name in a census search ,if you know where she probably born there may not be to many to go through,try different christian names and you may find here parents which might match with someones tree.Good Luck.