Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How to find who lived at an address

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Dec 2004 19:00

I am getting nowhere trying to trace my Mother's family. She (and my father) died when I was a child and my sister and I know virtually nothing about her family. I know, just before she married in 1928, she lived at 13 Willis Square, Everton, Liverpool. She was born in 1908-9. I thought, assuming she lived with her parents, if I found out who lived there, I would at least get the names of her parents (my grandparents). I did find Willis Square on one of the geneology websites (can't remember which one now) but it only listed numbers up to #7. Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere else I can look to find this info. I know I could get my grandfather's name from my parents marriage certificate but I am trying to do as much as I can before I have to pay out for certificates. Any help would be appreciated.

Heather

Heather Report 27 Dec 2004 19:05

No i think you will have to bit the bullet and get some certs, your mothers marriage cert for her father and your dads father and occupations. It will also give where she was living at the time. From that info you can start tracing back using census records.

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Dec 2004 21:01

Many thanks, Heather, Jo & Jackie. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet & send for some certs. As I no longer live in the U.K., contacting the local library would be a problem, but your suggestions are appreciated. Happy New Year, Diane.

Slinky

Slinky Report 28 Dec 2004 21:04

The "James Brown" library in Liverpool have the electoral rolls and you should be able to go and search there. As you don't live in the area, I am doing some searching for myself in the new year and will have a look for you if you like.