Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Addicted - me?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 26 Dec 2004 09:59

Hi everyone and a belated Happy Christmas. I now have to admit that I am a genealogy addict. I realised this when I found myself sitting at Christmas lunch with a family party, everyone else eating as if the Great Famine is about to commence, and what am I doing? I am making notes on the back of mottos from crackers with a pen that also came out of a cracker!! (Got some useful information though). Happy New Year. Tina

Ria

Ria Report 26 Dec 2004 15:56

Happy Christmas to you both. I've just read out your messages to my husband, made him laugh. I said to him...erm... it's not an addiction... it's a thirst for knowledge!!! :D pmsl. I'm sticking to that description, it sounds much more intelectual. Maria hahaha

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 26 Dec 2004 16:26

I did feel it my bounden duty not to log in yesterday: GR is rsponsible for so many burnt saucepans and late meals! But, I did take the opportunity to show off some photos a GR cousin had sent me. Some ten years after he died, it was lovely to see a photo of my Dad as a boy, especially on Christmas Day. Not only that, but my aunt, who also is in the photo, can name everyone else in it, which will fill in some gaps for my cousin. I'm proud to say that my little niece unerringly identified the grandfather she never knew. I'll make a family historian of her yet! B