Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another pair of eyes please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 23 Dec 2004 18:56

I am trying to find the marriage of John Abbott he married Ann? they were bn in Beverley he was born abt 1816 she was born abt 1821 first child bn in Beverley Yorks about 1840,

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 23 Dec 2004 19:07

do you know the name of the child

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 23 Dec 2004 19:09

found JOHN ABBOTT Marriages: Spouse: ANN BAWTRY Marriage: 29 MAY 1832 Pickhill With Roxby, Yorkshire, England

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 23 Dec 2004 19:16

also found JOHN ABBOTT Male ---------------------------------------------------------------------Event(s): Birth: Christening: 19 JAN 1816 Saint Mary And Saint Nicholas, Beverley, Yorkshire, England ---------------------------------------------------------------------Parents: Father: JONATHAN ABBOTT Mother: JANE as well as JOHN ABBOTT Male --------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: 05 APR 1816 Saint John And Saint Martin, Beverley, Yorkshire, England ---------------------------------------------------------------------Parents: Father: JOHN ABBOTT Mother: ELIZABETH

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 23 Dec 2004 19:20

sorry if i'm going over board, but are these the kids? WILLIAM GRAY ABBOTT Male Event(s): Birth: Christening: 28 FEB 1840 Saint Mary And Saint Nicholas, Beverley, Yorkshire, England ---------------------------------------------------------------------Parents: Father: JOHN ABBOTT Mother: ANN and JOHN ABBOTT Male --------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: 29 MAY 1842 Saint Mary And Saint Nicholas, Beverley, Yorkshire, England -----------------------------------------------------------------------Parents: Father: JOHN ABBOTT Mother: ANN

Sidami

Sidami Report 23 Dec 2004 19:31

Hi Louise, Yes they are the kids, how do I know which one is John's parents the one born 1816, would it be Jonathon and Jane or John and Elizabeth?

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 23 Dec 2004 19:39

if i was to guess; because the children where baptised in Saint Mary And Saint Nicholas i'd go with taht one - but you can never be be to careful. look on census for clues or order ann & johns marraige certifaate (will give dad's full name)

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 23 Dec 2004 22:35

I had a look at marriages on http://www.yorkshirebmd.org.uk, but they don't seem to have any from Beverley transcribed yet. If Ann were b ca 1821, then a marriage in 1832 is a bit early!. This one's the right sort of time, but although Hull is near Beverley, I can't think of a good reason why they'd travel to Hull to get married when they have more than one church to choose from in Beverley, including the Minster (St John & St Martin). Yorkshire Marriage indexes for the years: 1839 Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference ABBOTT John BAUMONT Ann Holy Trinity Hull HD/2/76 I looked in the range 1837-1850. There were six other marriages, but none with an Ann as the bride. The site is a good one though. You can order from the Local Office using that reference (it's a link to a part-completed application form); same fees and at least as quick as GRO - quicker since "Who do you think you are" caused a massive overload on the system! best wishes Christine

Sidami

Sidami Report 23 Dec 2004 22:52

Thanks for that Christine..........

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 23 Dec 2004 22:59

Sue Do you want me to check this info against the parish registers next time I go? Jeanette x

Sidami

Sidami Report 23 Dec 2004 23:17

Hi Jeanette, Yes please if you have the time.... Thanks for the other look ups you have done for me

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 23 Dec 2004 23:22

No worries Sue. Once I get the kids back to school I'll book myself into the records office. Oh, and I'm also getting the 1841 Yorkshire Census for Christmas if you want any look ups ;-)))) Have a fab Christmas and New Year Jeanette x