Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help to view trees please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 23 Dec 2004 00:14

Hi, I'm confused. I have emailed a member and been told I can view their tree. I went into Your Contacts. Under tree permission it has their tree ....your tree. I have a list of names under their tree and it says request. Under your tree it says allow. I have sent a request to the member. I have been told a tree icon will appear. Although I have what looks like a tree icon on someone elses name when I press that it only shows me previous messages by that person. Not having done this before I have no idea what I should be doing. I am a full member. Appreciate any help Thanks Victoria

Victoria

Victoria Report 23 Dec 2004 04:00

Karen, The one name that has a tree by it when I click on that it only shows me the previous messages to and from that person. Linda, When I go to view trees all I get is that I am unauthorized to view anyone's tree! Thanks to both of you......Victoria

BrianW

BrianW Report 23 Dec 2004 07:49

Several ways in: You can to click on "View trees" on the left of the page (the menus starting with Homepage; Account details; etc. and it will show a list of trees you can view, then click to open. There should also be an "Other trees" box on your own tree.

Victoria

Victoria Report 23 Dec 2004 23:23

Hi, All I have under their tree is.....request for permission to view tree. I have no view other trees. Under your tree I have allow....if I press that I get delete. thanks Victoria

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 23 Dec 2004 23:42

Hi Victoria In order for the other person to view your tree you should click on Allow and it will then turn to Remove. This means they can see your tree. The other person will have to do exactly the same at thier end so you can view thier tree. If they have allowed you permission to view thier tree you should be able to go into View Trees to see thier tree. If thier name isn't in View Trees it means they haven't done the above properly Hope this makes sense Jeanette x

Victoria

Victoria Report 24 Dec 2004 05:09

Thanks Jeanette, That sounds straight forward enough Victoria