Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old Church, St. Pancras, or not as the case may be

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 22 Dec 2004 22:12

Today I went to the London Metropolitan Archives to search the records (on film) for Old Church St. Pancras. The assisstant told me to be careful as the LDS has confused the name of the church with the parish church. What I was looking for was Old Church but it turned out to be the parish church instead, so please beware. If your information says Old Church...check it out! Viv.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 22 Dec 2004 23:13

Vivienne I have a certificate which says Marriage Solomized at Old St Pancras in the parish of Old St Pancras. Is this the same thing do you think? Sheila

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Dec 2004 23:48

St Pancras must have been young once! nell

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 23 Dec 2004 00:07

sheila, the certifiacte must be right. its only the lds website thats got it wrong. viv