Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ITALIAN RELATIVES????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Juliana

Juliana Report 21 Dec 2004 09:13

Does anyone know the best way to find Italian relatives?? Trying to find GALIERO's from Naples, Italy and not having much joy!! Juliana

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 21 Dec 2004 10:33

There's a couple of Galiero's from Naples on the IGI (familysearch.org): Teresa GALIERO - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 21 OCT 1838 Napoli, Napoli, Italy Teresa GALIERO - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Marriage: About 1859 Napoli, Napoli, Italy Maria Galiero - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Birth: < 1846> S Pietro A Patierno, , Napoli, Italy Maria Galiero - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Marriage: 13 JUN 1867 S Pietro A Patierno, , Napoli, Italy

Juliana

Juliana Report 21 Dec 2004 10:56

wow - thats great, richard - thanx!!! they must be reles as GALIERO isnt that popular an Italian surname, but ill have to try and figure how they relate to SALVATORE, my G grandfather!! Juliana x

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 21 Dec 2004 11:46

Juliana There's a Salvatore Galiero on the IGI too, but not in Naples: SALVATORE GALIERO Parents: Father: VINCENZO Mother: ANNA DI ROSA Marriages: Spouse: ANTONIA DI MARTINO Marriage: 15 APR 1812 Francolise, Caserta, Italy Husband Age at Marriage: 21 Wife Age at Marriage: 31

Juliana

Juliana Report 21 Dec 2004 13:06

Thanx for that Richard - but I dont think thats my SALVATORE unless thats his father / g father. Any reason why the names I have on there arn't coming up??? Juliana x