Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What information is there on a Scottish death cert

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 19 Dec 2004 00:47

Thanks, Lucia :-)

Barbara

Barbara Report 19 Dec 2004 00:55

Hi Lucia, On the few that I have there is: date & time of death widow(er) of.... residence age name & rank or profession of father cause of death signiture and qualification of informant when & where registered Hope this is what you wanted Regards Barbara

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 19 Dec 2004 00:58

Lucia on a Scottish Death Cert there is the name and age and occupation of the desceased along with their marital status and the name of any spouse or spouses. There is usually the place and time of death as well as usual residence if they died away from the home. The name and occupation of father and mother as well as mothers maiden name. The cause of death and also the name of the informant of the death and there address if different to the desceased also their relationship to the desceased. For a year or two (and I cant remember which years) the burial place was also noted. Shaz x

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Dec 2004 01:12

Shaz i think it's 1855/56 that the burial place is on it too. I have it on one! Wish they'd kept it on Christine

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 19 Dec 2004 07:29

Not related to death certificates. But, Scottish Birth Certificates, have the date and place of marriage of the parents of the child. which I find very useful. If only English certs were like this.

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 19 Dec 2004 13:39

Hi All, you say that there are the parents details on a certificate, does this only apply to a child's death certificate? Lucia :-)

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 19 Dec 2004 14:13

Thanks Georgina, Lucia

Jan

Jan Report 19 Dec 2004 14:46

I've found Scottish certs have lots more info than English ones - Records Office take note please. Jan

Val

Val Report 19 Dec 2004 16:23

Scottish death certificate has name age whether married or a widow who her husband was if twice have both husbands names, where she died, date, time,what died of, who her mum and dad where, mum maiden name and who was present when died and what occupation she and husband I got a copy off the Scotland site depending how far back might not have image