Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry.co.uk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jamie

Jamie Report 17 Dec 2004 20:11

Having searched scotlands people as far as I can go I have joined ancestry and am searching for my scottish ancestors, but am having no results not even when I try to look for records I am sure exist. Am I using it right , any ideas or does it not contain many scottish records ? jamie

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Dec 2004 20:12

Jamie Scotland isnt on ancestry at all Lou

Tiamo

Tiamo Report 17 Dec 2004 20:13

Unfortunately, I think your last statement is the correct one. It will only include Scottish people on the various census when they are living in England or Wales. Tricia

Jamie

Jamie Report 17 Dec 2004 20:18

Ok thanks Ill give up on that one then Any body know any where else to look for scottish records ? Have got back to mid 1700s jamie

Val

Val Report 18 Dec 2004 12:26

only place is the Mitchell Library in Glasgow think they have web site but you might have to go in. If you go on Scotlandspeople.gov.co.uk I know they have some things further back worth try old parish records 1553-1854 and stautory registers 1855 up wards

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Dec 2004 13:30

hi jamie have mailed you She