Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Im Really Stuck on what to do now.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 15 Dec 2004 11:02

Hello Everyone. I have an ancestor called Hannah Longmore, birth around 1826 in Dudley. Father was Thomas Longmore and mother possibly called Mary. Siblings seem to be Tabitha and John from what i can find. I dont know how to go about tracing her on the 1841 census. She married in Dudley in 1844 so she should still have been in Dudley in 1841 but i have no street to go on so no one who has the census that covers this area can help me. She seems to be the youngest of this couples children so i cant even get one of the siblings birth certs to find the address they would have been at which is what i am having to do with some other rellies. Would anyone have any tips on what i can do now to try and find her and her family in 1841? Many Thanks in advance, Claire

Olgiza

Olgiza Report 15 Dec 2004 12:29

Hi Claire. I just googled "longmore dudley 1841" and one of the finds was a site with about seven or eight Longmore's on it and each had some index numbers beside them. I have no idea if this may help but you never know. Roger

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 15 Dec 2004 12:35

Thanks Roger for that, its something that i can have a look at. Regards, Claire

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 15 Dec 2004 13:04

Hi, You could order the film of the census at an LDS centre and search it there if no one can help. Gwynne

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 15 Dec 2004 13:11

Hi Gwynne, How do you do that? Regards, Claire

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 15 Dec 2004 13:23

Hi Claire, Find your nearest LDS family history centre - you can do this on the LDS website. Click on Library on the familysearch website then look in the catalogue and do a placename search for Dudley. Then click on census, then 1841. Then film notes this will give you the number of the film you need to order. (The 1841 film for Dudley is 464207). Go to the centre with the number and £2.70 and they will order it for you. They'll phone you when it arrives and it is held at the centre for a month and you can book a reader to search it (no charge) Gwynne

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 15 Dec 2004 14:06

Thanks for that Gwynne, never realised you could do that. Kind Regards, Claire