Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 15 Dec 2004 00:29

Does any one know of a programme that will print me a family tree that not only shows parents, grandparents etc. but their siblings & their children, & their spouses & their lines & so on, so I can follow lines up as well as down? This would be especially helpful to me as in a couple of my lines their appears to be quite a bit of intermarriage (which explains alot of things about my family! Thganks, LIZ

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 15 Dec 2004 02:34

Carmel, I have family tree maker, & also use the free down load from LDS, as I find that better. I was looking for something more, with more branches. Any ideas? LIZ

Judith

Judith Report 15 Dec 2004 08:16

Family Historian will show on screen or print a tree with all relations which will do what you want I think. Beware though, once the tree has grown it takes a lot of sheets of paper and sticking together to produce a paper copy. Judith

Heike

Heike Report 15 Dec 2004 10:30

I use Genbox and it has a good family tree and charting function, including the option to put everyone related on the family tree. You can print the documents or save them as pdfs.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 15 Dec 2004 12:36

Family Historian also has a brilliant method of putting photographs onto the tree - excellent and easy to use. Jenny