Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

disappearing great grandmother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 13 Dec 2004 22:04

Last known info on my greatgrandmother is on 1891 census described as a sabra bishop wife aged 30 ( DONT KNOW ABOUT AGE AS WHEN SHE MARRIED IN 1884 IT STATES ABOUT 21) born Stafford Eccleshall living at smiths shop stanton lacy shropshire in 1901 she seems to have vanished anyone help please, jackie

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 13 Dec 2004 22:22

Do you have anymore details, like her father's/mother's name?? What was her maiden name? Was it Bishop? Chloe

Tiamo

Tiamo Report 13 Dec 2004 22:27

It might be worth adding the names,ages and birthplace of her children. Gives people more to go on. Having said that I've had a quick look and can't find children on 1901,either.

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 13 Dec 2004 22:35

It might be an idea to try and look for her parents on the censuses and see if she's living with them. The marriage cert will give you her father's name. I've found the marriage, her maiden name was Sabra Lock. Like you, I can't find her either.

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 13 Dec 2004 22:52

Iknow this doesn't look promising, and you may have reasons for rejecting it, but all these people have the same surname and birthplace, which seems unusual, and the only Lock born in Eccleshall was living with another Lock born in Gloucester, so there must be some connection between the two places. Household: Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability William LOCK Head M Male 31 Gloucester, England Tinman Hawker Rebecca LOCK Wife M Female 27 Gloucester, England Wife Merrick LOCK Son Male 10 Gloucester, England Scholar Adam LOCK Son Male 8 Gloucester, England Scholar Naomi LOCK Daur Female 6 Gloucester, England Scholar Ada LOCK Daur Female 13 Gloucester, England Scholar Cinderella LOCK Wifes Mother W Female 50 Gloucester, England Reuben LOCK Brother Law U Male 24 Gloucester, England Traveling Tinker Sabina LOCK Sister Law U Female 22 Gloucester, England Seller Of Clothes Pins -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Census Place Wrington, Somerset, England Family History Library Film 1341583 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 2424 / 106 Page Number 44 B