Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Guidelines at top of page

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Dec 2004 17:21

have you seen them? Ann Glos

Kim

Kim Report 13 Dec 2004 17:38

Yes just read them, humm, not repeating yourself , that is quite difficult! Kim

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 13 Dec 2004 19:29

I'm more intrigued by: Don’t include an email address, postal address, phone number, *** the address of any website, *** or any other personal information about yourself or any other person in material that appears on the service – where your own personal information is concerned, this can be shared, should you wish, once direct contact has been made by another Member. This does not apply to the Records Office board. The bit I've isolated with asterisks seems a bit surreal when you're intending to offer help to, or share good ideas with, people trying to make their way in genealogy! Christine

Amanda,

Amanda, Report 13 Dec 2004 19:40

Hi Ann I had loads of help with websites given to me, I thought that's what is was all about, you can't find everything yourself, even on Google. Best wishes Amanda

David

David Report 13 Dec 2004 21:05

The ban on website URLs is ridiculous given the fact that most people get round it by inserting brackets or asterisks. And by including that statement in a message I'm probably breaking at least one of the rules! I've noticed before that the word hotmail is automatically censored - let's see if their filter is still working!

David

David Report 13 Dec 2004 21:08

Further to my previous message the censor was working and has deleted the word "hotmail" - not cold and not female .

Jeanie

Jeanie Report 13 Dec 2004 22:25

How do you cause the screen to scroll faster etc?? and why would you want to?