Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

prison's????????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 12 Dec 2004 11:05

is there a way to check prison record's from 1871..and is Liverpool Borough Prison still in existence...HELP SANDRA

Chrissy

Chrissy Report 12 Dec 2004 11:12

Hi Sandra, Kew hold the Prison Records that you need , you won't get any info from any prison about prisoners or records. Write or get in touch with Kew giving as much info as you can. Chrissy.

Sandra

Sandra Report 12 Dec 2004 11:23

Thank you both,It was Walton prison,will Kew give me any info.I am not sure if the person is who i am looking for, just gave intial's and as i could not find him anywhere else i tried the intial's and there was an N W on there as a prisoner..Clutching at straw's now..lol Sandra

Chrissy

Chrissy Report 12 Dec 2004 11:44

Sandra, Are the initials NW his first names or is N his first name and W his surname? even so it's well worth trying Kew as you have initials the year and the prison. Chrissy.

Peter

Peter Report 12 Dec 2004 11:52

Just googaled the prison name and found 3 ref to it. 1) about a parliamentary report 1830 (page 081) 2)www(.)bopcris(.)ac(.)uk/bop1833/ref3333.html 3)www(.)homeoffice(.)gov(.)uk/docs/liver1htm Remove ()

Sandra

Sandra Report 12 Dec 2004 11:57

The person i am looking for is Nathan Wainwright,I will definetly give Kew a go..If it is him i hope he did not do anything to bad......lol Sandra:-)