Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with deleting please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sam

Sam Report 11 Dec 2004 01:33

I got carried away recently and added loads of people to my family tree before getting the certificates to confirm they were in fact all related. Guess what, they weren't! My problem is now that I can't remove the bogus parents as they have multiple relations. The child is correct, the parents are not. I can't delete the 'mother' as she is linked to a child and a husband. I can't delete the 'father' as he is linked to a child and a wife. I don't want to delete the child as he is correct!! Anyone got any ideas? Thanks Sam

Crista

Crista Report 11 Dec 2004 01:36

Does the child have siblings? You might have to remove those first. Either that, or rename the parents and edit their details to match the correct parents. Crista

Sam

Sam Report 11 Dec 2004 01:41

Thanks Christa I managed to remove all the siblings, it is just the parents I can't take off. I think you may be right, I will have to leave the parents there until I get the CORRECT details and just amend the name/dates! That will teach me to be patient and to wait until I have evidence before adding to my tree! Sam

Crista

Crista Report 11 Dec 2004 01:50

Hmmm. You should be able to delete the parents with only one child. Do the parents have anyone else linked to them? Crista

Heather

Heather Report 11 Dec 2004 14:11

I had a problem with duplicating info. I kept being told could not delete due to multiple relations. In the end, I deleted the child, then the partner then the father and it was ok.