Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

phyllis elgar

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 11 Dec 2004 01:14

Has anyone heard of her? This was her stage name. Her real name was Pearl Appleton. She was born and married in Australia. I have newspaper cuttings that prove she performed as an actress in the USA. I have her marriage cert showing her as an actress. I have tried google and it comes up with nothing relevant. I KNOW she was related but cannot prove it. Very frustrating. I have her parents, but her ancestry is apparently an Appleton b. in Ancona,Italy! Why then does she appear in the family papers of my Shipley/Appleton family in South Shields? Help please. Wendy

Crista

Crista Report 11 Dec 2004 01:32

When was she born? Crista

Wendy

Wendy Report 11 Dec 2004 11:22

Pearl Mabel Appleton was born 5 April 1907 in Victoria,Australia. She was the daughter of Robert Anthony Appleton and Mabel Alice Campbell. She married Francis "Teddy" Edwards in 1932 in Woollahra NSW. My great grandmother was an Appleton, and details of Pearl were among papers belonging to the family. But we cannot find the connection. Robert Anthony was b. 1869 in Sydney, but his father Anthony Saverio Appleton was b. in Ancona,Italy! A true mystery. Wendy