Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Computer Software

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 10 Dec 2004 23:19

Can any one recommend a really good, comprehensive software package for keeping family tree notes? I've tried various shareware but want to add a 'proper' version to my xmas list!

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 10 Dec 2004 23:36

Thanks, that is the one I'm heading towards

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 10 Dec 2004 23:45

Karen The Christmas issue of Your Family Tree has a free disk which has on it, amongst other things, Family Tree Maker 2005. For the first two weeks of use you get the full de luxe version of Family Tree Maker. If you do not buy the full package, it will then revert to the basic version, but it does give you a chance to try it out to see if you like it and, (assuming you are in the UK) there is a special offer to buy the full version at a reduced price. I promise I do not have shares in either the magazine or the programme! But I have been looking for family tree software which would do all the things I wanted, not just some of them, and I think I may have found it here. Worth the money for the magazine just to trial the programme - and of course you get to read the mag as well! Tina

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 10 Dec 2004 23:48

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good idea. Everything I've tried so far seems to have some small niggle that irritates. Hubby bought be Times software but you can't add marriage dates for example. This sounds a good way not to blow £30'ish to be wrong again!