Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lyonson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 9 Dec 2004 23:11

I have a Lena Lyonson mother of Eva Rabinowitz and wife of Joseph Rabinowitz. This is the first Lyonson on Genes Reunited, any idea's is it a made up name to hide a Jewish background? Rgards Andrew

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 9 Dec 2004 23:32

I just put the name into Google and came up with some hits of which this is one (remove asterisk): http://archiver.rootsweb.*com/th/read/ENG-LIVERPOOL/2003-02/1044109999 From: "J A Olsen" <[email protected]> Subject: [ENG-LIV] GOLDBERG & LYONSON Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 14:33:19 +0000 Hi everyone would be grateful for a directory look-up for a firm of tailors probably called GOLDBERG & LYONSON who were probably in the early years of the 20thC. I was told Lime Street but have been contacted by a descendant who says it was "London Road". thanks for any info Judy ***** I can't help thinking that these names have a Jewish air about them! In an earlier post, she mentions Ginsberg as well. Christine

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 9 Dec 2004 23:36

Goldberg and Lyonson? Tailors? Couldn't be anything BUT Jewish, I wouldnt think.

Ian

Ian Report 11 Dec 2004 20:24

Christine thanks once again. I did that same search and got the http address but could not get the web page for some strange reason. That has possibilities due to Lena Lyonson's Husband Joseph Rabinowitz being a taylors presser on the marriage certificate and I have heard not Goldberge but Fineburge mentioned. I just wonder? It will be hard to find out though I have not heard of many Lyonsons. Regards Andrew

Zoe

Zoe Report 11 Dec 2004 20:42

there are 7 hits on ancestry 1901 for Lyonson - the parents appear to originate in poland Abraham N lyonson (Unknown) 40 Natmahiret, Poland Head West Derby Lancashire Annie lyonson (Unknown) 37 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Wife West Derby Lancashire Bertha lyonson (Unknown) 16 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Daughter West Derby Lancashire Hannah lyonson (Unknown) 69 Poland Mother West Derby Lancashire Lazarus lyonson (Unknown) 13 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son West Derby Lancashire Myer lyonson (Unknown) 11 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son West Derby Lancashire Nelly lyonson (Unknown) 9 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Daughter West Derby Lancashire

Zoe

Zoe Report 11 Dec 2004 20:43

1891 results: Lyonson, Abraham 30 Suwalk, Poland Head Liverpool Lancashire Lyonson, Annie 56 RUS Mother-in-law Liverpool Lancashire Lyonson, Annie 28 Liverpool, Lancashire Wife Liverpool Lancashire Lyonson, Bertha 6 Liverpool, Lancashire Daughter Liverpool Lancashire Lyonson, Jane 19 Derbyshire Servant St Peter Derbyshire Lyonson, Lazarus 4 Liverpool, Lancashire Son Liverpool Lancashire Lyonson, Myer 1 Liverpool, Lancashire Son Liverpool Lancashire

Zoe

Zoe Report 11 Dec 2004 20:46

there's also this marriage grouping on ancestry: Beanstock, Benjamin 1883 December Toxteth Park Lancashire 8b 577 LYONSON, Abraham 1883 December Toxteth Park Lancashire 8b 577 Rabbinowitz, Leah 1883 December Toxteth Park Lancashire 8b 577 Shock, Annie 1883 December Toxteth Park Lancashire 8b 577

Ian

Ian Report 11 Dec 2004 22:36

Joseph Rabinowitz - Lena Lyonson Tox 1886 Dec 8b 528 is the the information for Eva Rabinowitz parents. I will send for birth certificate. Thanks for all searches, please feel free to contact me if any new links come up. Regards Andrew