Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

fam treemaker 2005

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 9 Dec 2004 21:56

Just got a copy of and its superb,its linked to Ancestry.com and automatically searches for your ancestors,and finds them,well worth downloading,it also ready your old version of data

Deborah

Deborah Report 10 Dec 2004 00:48

Hi Paul, Couldn't agree more, it's brilliant, isn't it?!! I was running a very old FTM - version 6. got mine a couple of weeks ago, wouldn't go back now. The search facility is very useful. Debbie

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 10 Dec 2004 02:24

I haven't been able to search...it keep telling me to sign up ??

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 10 Dec 2004 07:10

I think it's very good but although it recognised me a couple of weeks ago it now asks me to sign up tp Ancestry when I first go to it. It also seemed to disable my account and would only let me search as if I wern't a member if I logged on in normal way. Had forgotten password etc so had to go through loads of steps to get it all rumnning smoothly. Daren't try it again. Really like package though. Produces some good reports and trees Alice

Heather

Heather Report 10 Dec 2004 08:25

Apologies if this is obvious, but have you registered your FT2005? If not they may not recognise you.

Deborah

Deborah Report 10 Dec 2004 14:20

Hi Karen, You must register your FTM2005 to be able to search. Once you have searched, you need to have an Ancestry subscription to vire the results of the search. Most of the 2005 packages come with a free trial to Ancestry. The Deluxe Version comes with 3 months free (I think) The Collectors Edition comes with a year free. Feel a bit cheated as I already subscribe!! Debbie