Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

do you think this is odd?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KM1978

KM1978 Report 9 Dec 2004 14:34

i have been going through 1837 online looking for my gran jane keough but cannot find her all her family background is one big secret no one nos anything about her background in our family but i think i came accross her brother on 1837 thomas keough bn 1914 but it also has keough as his mothers maiden name does this mean she was not married

Zoe

Zoe Report 9 Dec 2004 14:37

either she was single or she also married someone with the same surname as herself

Jane

Jane Report 9 Dec 2004 14:37

Kelly, In a word - yes. It might be worth getting the presumed brother's birth certificate as it might tell you more about his mother - her location at the time of birth and so forth. In turn this might shed some light on Grandma Jane. You could then look at the 1901 Census for their mother - that might also tell you something. Good luck with what sounds like a tough one ... keep chipping away, you'll eventually get there. Regs Jane

KM1978

KM1978 Report 9 Dec 2004 14:41

thanks for giving a little hope she is starting to drive me mad