Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dating old photographs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 8 Dec 2004 22:03

If, like me, you have an album full of victorian and edwardian photographs, most of whom are total strangers who keep looking back at you with your own eyes, then this site is not to be missed. http://www.rogerco.freeserve(.)co(.)uk/index.htm Absolutely fascinating. Tina

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Dec 2004 22:08

Tina Thanks for that. I have bookmarked it and will return to it when I've dug out my old photos! nell

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 8 Dec 2004 22:08

Thanks Tina, I have used this site before, but lost the address when my computer "died" last year. It is a fascinating and useful site, I am so glad you have put up the address. Frances

Deborah

Deborah Report 9 Dec 2004 02:12

Hi Tina, Couldn't have posted this at a better time for me!! My dad has just shown me a box of about 30 photos that were my gran's. We know who some of them are, but there are quite a few that no one has any idea who they are! Thanks heaps Debbie

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 9 Dec 2004 17:45

Thank you very much. A quick look at the homepage and I added that to my bookmarks for inevitable future use! Christine