Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Now past desperate!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 8 Dec 2004 20:28

I have just received a birth certificate for Charles Peters, b 14 Jan 1844 at No 1 Kent Street Haggerstone, Shoreditch. Father John Peters. Mother Harriet Peters formerly *aters AND I CANNOT READ THE FIRST LETTER OF HER NAME!!!!!! It looks like 'H' but doesn't match any other H's on the form. It could be W.......at a pinch The registrar was Nathaniel Bowring Registration district Shoreditch, sub district Haggerstone West. I need someone who has a certificate signed by this registrar that has a capital 'W' in it for comparison purposes - or one of you brilliant people to solve this problem. Can scan and email if anyone is a handwriting expert and sends their email address

Abigail

Abigail Report 8 Dec 2004 20:32

How aggravating! Sorry I can't help, most of my rellies came from Aberdeen but I hope you manage to work it out soon! Regards Abigail

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Dec 2004 21:17

You could ask the ofice which supplied the cert if they can clarify. Harriet's maiden name will be on her marriage cert so you could check and see if you can find the marriage on FreeBMD> nell

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 8 Dec 2004 21:28

Peter, not much help, I know, but I spent a few days thinking my g Grandmother was called Teresa HALKER. When I put her into GR's system I thought it a bit strange that she was the only Halker in the data base! It was only when I discussed it over the phone with my Mum that she had a divine inspiration & by process of elimination through the alphabet, she came up with Walker! LIZ

Peter

Peter Report 8 Dec 2004 21:44

Hay Liz I havent got all that other stuff in my name. And no I am not a relle My dad was adopted

sarahjw03

sarahjw03 Report 8 Dec 2004 21:54

Have you checked census records? Did they have any other children who's certificates you could order? (Hopefully he only had one wife!) Sarah P.S I have checked the 1851 for you and there are no Peters on Kent St, Haggerstone, Shoreditch at all - sorry!