Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage Certificate help????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maxine

Maxine Report 8 Dec 2004 14:47

I sent off for a marriage certificate and where it says age it says full, does anyone know what this means? Maxine

*Clare

*Clare Report 8 Dec 2004 14:54

Full age or over full age means that they are over the legal age to marry. ( It's really anyoing when you get one like that)

Maxine

Maxine Report 8 Dec 2004 17:27

Thanks for your help, I agree its really annoying as it would have been nice to know their ages, which would have helped with my search.

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 8 Dec 2004 23:35

From one or two entries here, I believe it can mean not so much that they were old enough to be legally allowed to marry but that they claimed so, and the registrar believed them! I agree that it's an exasperating thing to find. The same thing's created a bit of a hurdle in my husband's tree. I just hope to find something more to get round it - perhaps from a census or something. good luck! Christine