Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Date of 1871/1881 census???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 8 Dec 2004 09:04

Please can someone tell me when (the month/date) these two census took place? Thanks for your help Jane

Anna

Anna Report 8 Dec 2004 09:10

Copied from ancestry The 1871 Census for England was taken on the night of 2 April 1871. The 1881 British Isles Census was taken on the night of 3 April 1881. Hope this helps Anna :-) Here are the dates for the rest of the census too 1841 - Jun 6/7 1851 - Mar 30/31 1861 - Apr 7/8 1871 - Apr 2/3 1881 - Apr 3/4 1891 - Apr 5/6 1901 - Mar 31/Apr 1

Jane

Jane Report 8 Dec 2004 09:28

Hi Thanks for that Anna. I am researching the Jones family and as you can imagine it is a big job. I am looking for an Edward Jones born about 1843/44 and i have narrowed it down to two. On one census i have him as being 37 and on the following year i have him as 48. This means that either one could be mine. I was hoping that the date of the census may help me to eliminate one. But NO Luck. It doesnt help either that the ages written on the census could be wrong. Thanks for your help jane