Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

when you've caught a wild goose?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 7 Dec 2004 21:08

I spent a while following a family line which I was convinced would link to mine.... It would appear I was wrong... I know have an assembled tree for a random family on my wall and I don't know what to do with the info... I know it will be of use to someone and I've typed it out the best I can... but where can I put it that will be of use to people? Liz

Karen

Karen Report 7 Dec 2004 22:21

no idea what you do with it but if it makes you feel better ive prob done the same thing (in a note pad) whilst waiting for my certs to arrive!!

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 7 Dec 2004 22:34

Ive done exactly the same thing and now have a wonderfully detailed tree - for someone else's family! I have offered it around but no-one wants it - but I can't bear to throw it away. I am thinking of offering it to the Reference section of the library local to the area of research but don't know if they will want it either. (Having said that, I am eternally grateful to the unknown person who deposited a similar tree, but for my family, in the same library)

Peter

Peter Report 7 Dec 2004 22:54

You could also put this info on the name boards for this site. just put down the last few names and get any one intrested to E-mail

Mary

Mary Report 7 Dec 2004 23:32

Hi Liz, Try the Guild of one-name studies at www.one-name.org The name you have been researching may be on there and could be useful to them Mary

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 8 Dec 2004 00:53

Thanks, its nice to know i'm not the only one who's done it. lol Liz

Heather

Heather Report 8 Dec 2004 07:35

You could submit it to a family history society or to familysearch web site.

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 8 Dec 2004 11:05

... or to Ancestry's World Tree: http://www.ancestry(.)co.uk/trees/awt