Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just came across this census website!!...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nantwich

Nantwich Report 7 Dec 2004 20:40

Dear all I've just stumbled across this website, quite a bit of info, may be of help to someone out there!!!! http://www(.)vmims(.)com/census(.)html Sarah

Carol

Carol Report 7 Dec 2004 20:43

In my favourites, looks promising.

Heather

Heather Report 8 Dec 2004 07:39

I keep getting unavailable!

Jeanie

Jeanie Report 8 Dec 2004 09:36

In my search engin I put in www.vmims.com and got the home page.

Annabel

Annabel Report 8 Dec 2004 11:56

Sarah thank you for the info on this site just had a quick look, have saved it in my favorites will spend more time on it later. merry christmas to you. ANNABEL

Maud

Maud Report 8 Dec 2004 13:41

Hi, I have just tried several times to access the site, even tried Googl, but no joy, just kept getting page not available??

Heather

Heather Report 8 Dec 2004 15:29

Hey, I got into the site and through a link on there I think Ive found my GGFx3 and GGPx4 !!!! Marriages in Middlesex.

Karen

Karen Report 8 Dec 2004 15:31

Sarah, You've just given me information on my Willenhall Reeves family , thanks to the link. Great! Karen

Heather

Heather Report 9 Dec 2004 11:35

Hi, just had to go and check! The link I used was the one which lists people with surnames as middle names - really handy. You then choose an area. From that I found the baptism of GGFx 3 and from his details, GGFx4 (only first names for wives though). From that I have now managed to find 2 other children of the GGFx3, a brother and sister for my GGMx2. I shall have to go back and look through the site again, as that really helped me a lot as the family name was Smith!!! But the GGFx3 had Webb as a middle name.

Mary

Mary Report 9 Dec 2004 21:02

Sarah, thank you so much for this site, went on it on Tuesday night and found my elusive ggrandmother on the 1881 Census, she was 13 and was working as a servant in a big household. This gave me more info to check for her parents and lo and behold found them in the same area with her six brothers and sisters, address they lived at and the names of my great great grandparents, brilliant and it cost nothing. Well worth a look to anyone else trying, found more on that site than on ancestry.com where you get so far and then you have to pay. I wish there was an Irish site like this, I have relatives born in Limerick but you cannot access their records as the site has shut down. Anyone any ideas. Mary

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Dec 2004 21:53

thanks, looks like a good site. Ann Glos

Anne

Anne Report 9 Dec 2004 22:55

Great site - 1851 census for Dumfries & Galloway on there - also the rest of the D&G Council Libraries/Archives site looks wonderful too. Anne