Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice Needed on 1851 Census for Hampshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 7 Dec 2004 14:16

Has any one used the census available from Hampshire Genealogical Society Publications - 1851 Census Indexes - on http://www.hgs-online.org.uk/hgs_pub_1851.htm? Bit nervous about ordering without knowing a bit more...

Amanda,

Amanda, Report 7 Dec 2004 18:37

Hi Angela I think I have bought two of the books you are referring to, I have Volume 21 for Bishops Waltham, Durley, Exton, Meonstoke, Upham, Warnford, and West Meon. Volume 26 for Corhampton, Droxford, Soberton and Hambledon. They are listed in a booklet form by name, showing place of birth, age and which piece number, at £3.50 each they were a great buy to get the folio numbers and parish in 1851. I have put them on a Hampshire thread, but if they are the parishes you need e mail me and I'll have a look. Best wishes Amanda

Michele

Michele Report 7 Dec 2004 18:47

I have volume 25 Catherington,Waterlooville,Blandworth,Chalton,Idsworth,Clanfield,Buriton and Petersfield if thats of any help let me know. Michele

karen in the new forest

karen in the new forest Report 7 Dec 2004 19:52

i have volumes 33 fawley and eling and 27 nomandsland,bramshaw,minstead,lyndhurst,beaulieu,exbury,dibdin. karen

karen in the new forest

karen in the new forest Report 7 Dec 2004 22:56

nudge

Peter

Peter Report 7 Dec 2004 23:14

If I can help with genral knolage about Hants For Andover Alresford And Eastleigh let me know I have lived in the first two for half my life and still live in Eastleigh now. Live close to civic offeices so can do look ups there.

Angela

Angela Report 8 Dec 2004 09:04

Thanks for all the offers of help. I actually will need Alverstoke and Portsea but it looks like I can order 2 bundles for those. However I am unsure whether to order the books or fiche, any tips?

Angela

Angela Report 8 Dec 2004 14:08

anyone there today?

Michele

Michele Report 9 Dec 2004 19:52

I ordered the books and they came within a couple of days. Michele

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 9 Dec 2004 20:13

Which is easier for you to use? I got my books donkeys years ago and they are still useful. Somewhere I have a little bag of fiche, but I haven't got a fiche reader, so I rarely look at anything on fiche. B