Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Am I missing something.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maryann

Maryann Report 6 Dec 2004 17:37

...Or is my thinking befuddled - now that's true!! I have found a Birth entry that could be my g.grandparent's marriage, Robert Wilson/Ann(ie) Douglas - 1889 - March Qtr - Glendale. This is not the area I was expecting. The district of Glendale covers much further North than the Tynemouth area their first child was born - 1891 Census - 3 mths - Hartley. From info gathered so far Robert has been constant about place of birth Boldon,South Shields. Ann(ie) on the other hand can't make up her mind - Woodhorn/Broomhill/Amble - these are Tynemouth/Morpeth districts. They did settle in Amble and went on to have 3 further children. Do I risk the £7 and the long wait (GRO) or can anyone suggest another approach to be more confident about the entry. Sorry this is so long and thank you for any help. Mary

Maryann

Maryann Report 6 Dec 2004 17:44

See what I mean...I should have put Marriage entry.lol.. Sad dont you think Regards Mary

Judith

Judith Report 7 Dec 2004 08:42

Perhaps they were both working in the Glendale area when they met and married. If you know one of their fathers' names you could use that as a checking point when you order the certificate - then you would just pay £3 instead of 7 if its not your couple. Sorry, this is no help at all if you wanted the marriage cert to find out the fathers' details.