Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Aus, where to start?????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Dec 2004 09:32

Can anyone point me in right direction, there are a lot of Blatchs in AUS and i'm trying to find if they are descendants of mine. Joseph Alfred Blatch son of my Gr GR grandparents went there with some of his children settled WA(1800's?) George Blatch went 1833 on ship Heroine from London he might be a relly if i find out more about him settled in NSW. A Reuben Blatch married a Ann Margry Grinham in 1902 i am reseaching this name too so be nice if theres a connection. Also 2 brothers George Claxton b1866 and William Claxton b. 1868 went to AUS they are ancestors of my mother. can anyone help?much appreciated Elaine

John

John Report 4 Dec 2004 11:08

Hi Elaine Welcome to our black hole,i will look for your NSW relative now,i think Anthony Hull might be able to help also. John.

Kylie

Kylie Report 4 Dec 2004 14:10

Hi Elaine, The aussie national archives may help you. www.naa.gov.au WA was settled in 1829. Cheers, Kylie

Sprack

Sprack Report 4 Dec 2004 15:38

I emailed all the details I had to the queensland fhs and they found loads of info for me including names and addresses from the phone book, I sent out letters to all the names with coppies of photos and one was the right family. jenny x