Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

David Kilpatrick School, Leith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 3 Dec 2004 22:01

Does anyone know anything about this school? I've got a 1917 marriage certificate where the groom gives his address as Entwick Road Glasgow but underneath it says (residing at - I think) David Kilpatrick School Leith. The certificate also says he was a Pte in the H.L.I. Jean

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 3 Dec 2004 23:04

Hi Jean, I'm sure the building is still standing in Leith for D.K's school although no longer used as a school. It was a secondary school I believe. Christine

Jean

Jean Report 3 Dec 2004 23:14

Christine. Thanks for that, I thought it might have been used as a convalescence home as the groom was in the army at the time. I could'nt find anything really on google. Jean

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 3 Dec 2004 23:42

Jean it may well have been. My husband's family are Leithers so I'll ask tham tomorrow. bye for now Christine

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Dec 2004 10:30

Hi Jean, The school is no longer there. Houses have been built on that site. I am sure there will be details on the history of the school as the Central Library in Edinburgh. Good luck Regards Margaret

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 4 Dec 2004 12:05

Jean, having asked my s-i-l about the school, Margaret is correct. I was getting mixed up with Dr Bells another old school building. Christine