Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837 promotion code

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 2 Dec 2004 22:39

I have just bought some more units on 1837online and the promotional code LC1837 still works. It was supposed to run out on 30/11/04 Trish

Trouble

Trouble Report 3 Dec 2004 00:00

AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH I just bought 25 pounds worth without the code....... Didn't think to try it......That will teach me!!!!!!

Julie

Julie Report 3 Dec 2004 09:09

How does 1837online work? What can you get and how much does it all cost and is it any good?? What was the code for, did it give more units for your money?

Caren

Caren Report 3 Dec 2004 09:39

Many thanks Patricia,used the promotional code and got 55 extra credits!I'm new to G.R.,although l must have had a lot of luck on my side as l've helped find some relatives of my partners that he wasn't aware of.They on the other hand had been looking for ten years!Also,have been able to contact two cousins l haven't seen hide nor hair of for twenty years!!!So,any help and advice from other members is very welcome.best wishes Caren from Banbury

Heather

Heather Report 3 Dec 2004 09:42

Blow it, I did mine yesterday and didnt know about a code. How many extra units do you get for a fiver's worth?

Patricia

Patricia Report 3 Dec 2004 10:48

Hi 1837online is a good way of looking at births, deaths and marriages from home, instead of going to the library etc. Register with the site and then click on buy units. Enter the promotion code and click apply, and you then choose how many units you want to buy. I think this code gives you 20% extra. Trish

Samantha

Samantha Report 3 Dec 2004 14:31

Hi everyone! I ordered some extra units a few days ago but forgot to put in the code. I e-mailed them and they added the extra units for me. It was an extra 20% May be worth a try contacting them. Sam x

Julie

Julie Report 3 Dec 2004 16:07

I have bought some units, did get the free ones on top, but I was wonderingwhat it can give that free BMD can't?????? It does give the mother's maiden name after 1911, but other than that I am not sure how it is better than Free BMD. Any answers?????????

Patricia

Patricia Report 3 Dec 2004 17:23

I have not found anything on FreeBMD after 1911. 1837online has all indexes from 1837 until 2002 and also has some overseas records for people in the army etc. Trish