Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837 on line - Advice on Volume & Page number...PL

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 2 Dec 2004 17:51

Hi Everyone, I wonder if someone could answer my silly question...??? I have found a marriage on the 1837 online and seem 99% sure of his wife's full name. Have found her in the same district, quarter & year BUT the page number is different. Does this mean, she wasn't his wife, as I thourght...Does every bride & groom have to have the same volume & page number...??? (Hope I have explained myself clearly here..?!?!) I will be soooo grateful if someone can explain this to me. Many THANKS in advance. Regards, Dawn.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Dec 2004 18:12

They would usually be on the same page. But perhaps it's a mistranscription? Could it be a 5 instead of a 6 for instance? You could also maybe do a double check on FreeBMD and see what it says on there. Mandy :)

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 2 Dec 2004 18:23

Hi Mandy, Thank You so much for your speedy answer. I am afraid the page numbers are clearly different....182a and 198. I looked on FreeBMD first, the groom was the only one on the page and the suspected brides name had a groom missing on her page, that's why I checked these again on the 1837 online web site. Looks like I'll have to get back to the drawing board again...!!! Thanks Again for your help Mandy. With Kindest Regards, Dawn.

Geoff

Geoff Report 2 Dec 2004 18:47

Bride and groom will ALWAYS be on the same page - we are talking about a Marriage Certificate with his name just above hers. (Of course, they may be indexed wrongly but that's something else!)